THIS BLOG HAS MOVED




TO CHECK OUT OUR NEWEST VERSION PLEASE CLICK ON THE SIREN VOICE

OR SIMPLY COPY AND PASTE ONTO YOUR BROWSER HTTP://THESIRENVOICE.BLOGSPOT.COM




Sunday, December 16, 2007

Thank You.

I received this nice email from one of the soldiers I send packages to. He basically told me that I should not bother sending him books that he doesn't read, movies that he can easily pirated ones get for $3 dollars, and all the other things I put into the box. I thought he might want to read "Charlie Wilson's War" (recommended to me by a former soldier) and other books I put in there. I also thought that he would like to watch the movies I bought and the long letter I wrote to him, but I was obviously wrong. I tried my best to find out what they really want. I also thought that what mattered was the effort and care one puts behind sending a stranger in Iraq a package.

My friend I thank you so much for you service, but I will take this opportunity to also thank our women who served and are currently serving, with this YouTube.

Thank you women for your service and all your hard work.




FTR, I have asked numerous times U.S. Soldiers Angels to send me a woman soldier to adopt and I never got a reply.

Good night!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey girl,
Your blog is great!

I can't believe this guy! You shouldn't spend any more money on him.
Luv
Kim

DMartyr said...

Perhaps he was kind enough to pass along the books he wouldn't read to other soldiers who might enjoy them. The audacity of this guy.

If you are happy with your Troop support organization, great. But I would highly recommend http://operationhelpingourheroes.com/. I have had direct contact with the operator of this organization and can assure you of their legitimacy and integrity.

:)

Mila said...

Thanks dmartyr. I will visit their site. I've been happy with the soldiers I got so far.

I think it was just this one and it could have been a bad day for him too. But he did ask me for an Xbox 360 which I simply can't afford. So I think it's this guy only. Next time I'll just send him a Visa gift card so he can either use it on the net or when he comes back.

DMartyr said...

An Xbox?!

I wouldn't send this guy anything else.

There are so many soldiers who would appreciate whatever you send. Concentrate on them.

Jacob said...

i have a friend that is deploying soon to Iraq, she is a medic, when she gets therte I can get her contact info and get it to you that way you can have a female solider you could adopt if you like.

Mila said...

Thank you Jacob! I will be more than happy to adopt a woman. I have been a little disappointed with soldier angel’s org. because they make you buy these packages with things that most troops can get in Iraq. At least that has been my experience so far. But, please email me or give your friend the email address on my profile.

Jacob said...

I will talk to her next weekend while at drill and see is she is comfortable with it, and is she is i will pas on her info to you. thanks for your support and keep up the good job!